Thursday 17 December 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fernando Alonso and Raymond Fernandez.
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1914 ?
- Fernando Alonso: Cuban ballet dancer co-founded the Cuban National Ballet (d. 2013).
- Raymond Fernandez: American convicted murderer (d. 1951).
- Jews are expelled from Tel Aviv by Turkish authorities.
- Great Britain declares Egypt a protectorate.
- Austrian troops beat Russians in Limanova Poland.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act (initially introduced by Francis Burton Harrison).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 December 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lullaby from Jocelyn (Angels Guard Thee) - John McCormack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?