Wednesday 9 December 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hildegart Rodriguez Carballeria and Max Manus.
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1914 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Hildegart Rodriguez Carballeria: Spanish activist for socialism and sexual revolution, born and raised by her mother as a model for the woman of the future.
- Max Manus: Norwegian lieutenant (d. 1996).
- Frances Reid: American actress (d. 2010).
- Ljubica Sokić: Serbian painter and illustrator (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Girl from Utah - Victor Light Opera Co.
- They Start the Victrola (And Go Dancing Around the Floor) - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?