Saturday 5 December 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Odette Joyeux and Hans Hellmut Kirst.
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1914 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Odette Joyeux: French actress, playwright and novelist.
- Hans Hellmut Kirst: German author (d. 1989).
- Walter Lazzaro: Italian painter and actor, who died in Milan on 3 March 1989.
- Hans Kirst: German lieutenant and author (d. 1989).
- 6th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats University of Toronto, 14-2
- The Italian Parliament proclaims the neutrality of the country.
- The Toronto Argonauts win their first Grey Cup at Varsity Stadium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Girl from Utah - Victor Light Opera Co.
- They Start the Victrola (And Go Dancing Around the Floor) - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?