Saturday 6 January 1923, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Roux and Jean Roux.
Robin Hood, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1923 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Jean-Jacques Roux
- Leah Chase: Master chef, in the creole tradition.
- Jean Roux: French scientist, a bacteriologist-virologist since 1962.
- Vladimir Kazantsev: Russian runner (d. 2007).
- Norman Kirk: New Zealand engineer and politician 29th Prime Minister of New Zealand (d. 1974).
- Jacobo Timerman: Argentinian journalist and author (d. 1999).