Tuesday 27 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Alliot and G S Bali.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Rear Window, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Don Camillo'S Dilemma by Giovanni Guareschi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 July 1954 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Philippe Alliot: French race car driver and sportscaster.
- G S Bali: Indian politician.
- G Bali: Indian lawyer and politician.
- Ricardo Uceda: Peruvian journalist and author.
- 36th PGA Championship: Chick Herbert at Keller Golf Club - St. Paul, Minnesota
- Armistice divides Vietnam into two countries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?