Sunday 18 July 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Cameron and Tobias Picker.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while I'Ll Cry Tomorrow by Lillian Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1954 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Robert Cameron: CFL punter (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Tobias Picker: Composer.
- Billy Norwich: American writer, a widely syndicated gossip columnist.
- Ricky Skaggs: American Country-Western singer whose roots and sound are pure bluegrass, western swing and traditional country, with vocals that are mountain-flavored.
- Peter Crane: English-American botanist and academic.
- Machine Gun Kelly: American gangster (Born 1895).
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Inverness Four-Ball Golf Tournament
- Cards losing 8-1 to Phillies begin stalling in 5th, they forfeit game
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?