Saturday 17 July 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J Michael Straczynski and Michel Field.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mr. Hobbs' Vacation by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1954 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- J Michael Straczynski: American author.
- Michel Field: French TV host and producer, very popular in France.
- Angela Merkel: German politician, chancellor since November 2005.
- Edward Natapei: Vanuatuan politician 6th Prime Minister of Vanuatu (d. 2015).
- J Straczynski: American author screenwriter and producer.
- Dirk B Nanninga: Painter, dies at 85.
- 1st major league game where majority of team is black (Dodgers)
- Theodor Heuss re-elected President of West Germany
- Construction begins on Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?