Thursday 22 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al di Meola and Henriette Allais Jacksonville FL.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Broken Lance, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Taft Story by William S. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gamble on Love.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 July 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1954 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Al di Meola
- Henriette Allais Jacksonville FL: Playmate (Mar, 1980).
- Al Di Meola: American musician, a guitarist, arranger and composer whose virtuoso styles in Rock-Jazz and fusion are sophisticated, intense and complex.
- Al Dimeola: Rocker.
- Pierre Lebeau: Canadian actor.
- Virgin Islands (US) adopts constitution (Revised Organic Act)
- WTHI TV channel 10 in Terre Haute, IN (CBS) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?