Monday 26 July 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Watt-Evans and Vitas Gerulaitis in Brooklyn.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Rear Window, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Bless This House by Norah Lofts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1954 ?
- Lawrence Watt-Evans: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Sword of Bheleu).
- Vitas Gerulaitis in Brooklyn: New York, USA; tennis star (Australia 1987).
- Michael Grant: Young Adult Author.
- Vitas Gerulaitis: American tennis player and coach (d. 1994).
- Hans Lodeizen [Johan Frederik]: Poet (Travel to Congo), dies at 26.
- WCET TV channel 48 in Cincinnati, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?