Monday 5 July 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leni Bjorklund and Alfred Portale.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Royal Box by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Mr. Sweeney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 July 1954 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Leni Bjorklund: Swedish politician.
- Alfred Portale: American chef, author and restaurateur known as a pioneer in the New American cuisine movement.
- Jimmy Crespo: American guitarist and songwriter (Aerosmith and Stress).
- John Wright: New Zealand cricketer and coach.
- B-52A bomber made its maiden flight
- The BBC broadcasts its first television news bulletin.
- The Andhra Pradesh High Court is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?