Sunday 25 July 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lynn Frederick and Sheena McDonald.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Rear Window, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Forty Plus And Fancy Free by Emily Kimbrough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1954 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Lynn Frederick: Middlesex, England -- Actress (Schizophrenia).
- Sheena McDonald: Scottish TV and radio host, noted for her professionalism and personal warmth.
- Jürgen Trittin: German Green politician, was Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety from 1998 to 2005 in Germany's Schröder government coalition.
- Walter Payton: Football Player.
- Lynne Frederick: English-American actress (d. 1994).
- Ken Greer: Canadian guitarist keyboard player and producer (Red Rider)
- Jochem Ziegert: German footballer and manager
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Fort Wayne Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?