Wednesday 21 July 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fabienne Égal and Danielle Debernard.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
On the Waterfront, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Don Camillo'S Dilemma by Giovanni Guareschi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 July 1954 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Fabienne Égal
- Danielle Debernard: French alpine skier, she won a silver medal at the 1972 Olympics (slalom) and a bronze in 1976 (giant slalom).
- Daniele Deberbard
- At Geneva, Switzerland, France agrees to independence of North and South Vietnam.
- First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?