Monday 27 November 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brooklyn Rice .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race Driver 2006 or Battlefield 2142.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2006 ?
- The Canadian House of Commons endorses Prime Minister Stephen Harper's motion to declare Quebec a nation within a unified Canada.
- Michael Grade, the Chairman of the BBC, is hired as the new boss of its biggest rival ITV. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of the Democratic Republic of the Congo confirms that Joseph Kabila had won the 2006 presidential election. (Independent Online)
- Iraq War:
- A U.S. F-16 fighter aircraft has gone down near the city of Fallujah in western Iraq. The United States Air Force said the plane's pilot was missing and an investigation into the cause of the incident has been launched. (Aljazeera)
- Kofi Annan, the Secretary-General of the United Nations warns that Iraq is close to civil war unless ampquotsomething is done drastically and urgently to arrest the deteriorating situationampquot. (CNN)
- Somali Civil War: The Islamic Courts Union that controls much of southern Somalia has revealed they would attack Ethiopian forces in Galkayo in Mudug province, central Somalia. (AllAfrica)
- An airplane crashes in Tehran killing 28 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps including high-ranking officers. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- Australian Attorney-General Philip Ruddock tables the multi-volume Cole Inquiry report. It finds that the Prime Minister of Australia John Howard, his ministers or Australian government departments were not aware of AWB Limited paying kickbacks to the regime of Saddam Hussein to buy Australian wheat under the Oil for Food program. (AAP via News Limited)
- John Key is elected leader of the opposition New Zealand National Party, with Bill English as his deputy. Both were unopposed. (NZ Herald)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 November 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?