Sunday 19 November 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assault Heroes or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 November 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 November
- Nintendo releases the Wii video game system in North and South America. It includes a wireless Wii remote controller, a Nunchuk controller attachment, and video game Wii Sports. Price is US$249.99 in the USA. Total sales in first 8 days: 600,000.
- Muslim women in New York City want to start a Koran council to interpret strict sharia law. (Reuters)
- The British Columbia Lions win the 94th Grey Cup, the championship game of the Canadian Football League, game 25-14 over the Montreal Alouettes in Winnipeg, Manitoba. (CFL)
- Gunmen abduct Iraq's Deputy Health Minister Ammar al-Saffar. (CNN)
- Somali Civil War: UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan warns Somalia's neighbours to stay out, as UN experts paint an alarming picture of foreign and extremist intervention in a nation on the brink of all-out war that could engulf the Horn of Africa. (allAfrica)
- Suspected assassination plot: Alexander Litvinenko, a former Russian spy who defected to Britain six years ago, is fighting for his life in a London hospital after being poisoned with polonium-210 in a sushi bar. (The Sunday Times)
- India test fires a Prithvi missile, a surface-to-surface missile, capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. (NDTV)
- Russia and the United States sign a key trade agreement paving the way for Russian membership of the World Trade Organization. (AP via ABC News)
- 2006 Tonga riots: A leader of the Tongan pro-democracy movement, MP Akilisi Pohiva, criticises the intervention of Australian and New Zealand peacekeepers following riots. (ABC News Australia)
- The 2006 meeting of the G20 industrial nations in Melbourne ends, with discussions centering on the global economy and climate change. Protesters clash with police during the event. (The Age - protests)
- The annual APEC meeting in Hanoi concludes with a call for the resumption of World Trade Organization talks, but references to climate change were removed from the final statement. (International Herald-Tribune)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 November 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Ascoli - Fiorentina : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Atalanta : 2 - 2
- Inter - Reggina : 1 - 0
- Livorno - Parma : 3 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Mouscron : 1 - 0
- Genk - Club Brugge : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Wolfsburg : 0 - 0
- M'gladbach - Hannover : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Burghausen : 1 - 0
- Essen - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 1
- FC Koln - Munich 1860 : 1 - 2
- Koblenz - Unterhaching : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?