Saturday 4 November 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heavy Sedation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Charlotte's Web or Commandos: Strike Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 4 November 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 November
- The death toll in a fire at the historic Mizpah Hotel in Reno, Nevada rises to nine with not all of the ruins having been searched yet. (Las Vegas Sun)
- Ted Haggard resigns after the New Life Church's investigative board finds him guilty of ampquotsexually immoral conductampquot. (AP via WCBS)
- Tomihiro Taniguchi, Deputy Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, announces that Algeria, Egypt, Morocco and Saudi Arabia, and possibly Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates, will launch nuclear programs for desalination. A proliferation expert asserts the real reason behind the programs is for a ampquotsecurity hedge.ampquot (The Times)
- The North Korean Foreign Ministry releases a statement calling for Japan to leave the six-party talks regarding DPRK's nuclear program because the Japanese officials involved in the talks are ampquotimbecilesampquot and Japan is a state of the U.S. The Foreign Ministry accuses the United States of ampquotwarmongering.ampquot (ABC News)
- Operation Autumn Clouds: Israeli forces have mounted a series of air strikes as part of an on-going Gaza offensive, killing at least eight. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Prime Minister of Israel Ariel Sharon is admitted to the intensive care unit of the Sheba Medical Center near Tel Aviv with a chest infection. (BBC)
- Hu Jintao, the President of the People's Republic of China, promises to double foreign aid to Africa at a conference attended by many of the top African leaders. (CNN)
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees says that the humanitarian crisis in Iraq is greater than at the beginning of the war on Iraq with 1.6 million Iraqis displaced internally and 1.8 million in overseas countries. (ABC News Australia)
- Fijian Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase drops amnesty provisions for the leaders of the 2000 coup after threats from the military to remove him from office. (NZ Herald)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 November 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?