Wednesday November 08, 2006
US date format: 11/8/2006, UK date format: 8/11/2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 8, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Casino Royale, directed by Martin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Marley & Me by John Grogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strictly Confidential.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Big Quiz or Crashday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 08, 2006?
- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld resigns; President Bush nominates Robert Gates, a former Central Intelligence Agency director, as his replacement.
- Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing is released
- Mercury transits the sun. It is visible from the Americas, Eastern China, Japan, Australia, and Polynesia.
- Legislators in the Jogorku Kenesh approve a new constitution amid fears of another revolution in Kyrgyzstan. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 08, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Chris Brown - Say Goodbye
- Ludacris Featuring Pharrell - Money Maker
- Mary J. Blige - Take Me As I Am
- JAY-Z - Show Me What You Got
- Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin - Shortie Like Mine
- Unk - Walk It Out
- Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin' Like My Daddy
- Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
- Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I. - My Love
- Lyfe Jennings - S.E.X.
Sport Games on November 08, 2006
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hannover : 0 - 1
- Bielefeld - Hertha : 2 - 2
- Bochum - Leverkusen : 1 - 3
- Cottbus - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 1
- M'gladbach - Schalke 04 : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Freiburg : 2 - 0
- CZ Jena - Greuther Furth : 1 - 1
- FC Koln - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 1
- Kaiserslautern - Burghausen : 4 - 0
- Offenbach - Duisburg : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2006?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- After Power Struggle, Volkswagen Ousts Its Chief Analysts and industry experts said the sudden shakeup bore the fingerprints of Volkswagen’s influential chairman, Ferdinand K. Piëch. [..]
- A Resurgence in Cleveland University Circle, Cleveland’s eds and meds district, is on the verge of a major transformation after $2 billion worth of infrastructure investment. [..]
- See all financial news of November 08, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $72.53
- Apple AAPL: opens at $80.02
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $28.78
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.54
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $92.25
- 1 USD = 117.85 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.129 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.251 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.8683 CNY
- 1 EUR = 150.34 JPY