Thursday 30 November 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Wildcat, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Culture Warrior by Bill O'Reilly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm or Bratz: Forever Diamondz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 November 2006 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 November
- Super Typhoon Durian (Reming) Strongest Typhoon to Hit Philippines Impacts Bical Region. In Virac Catanduanes of Rain is Recorded and a total of 740 people are killed
- Windows Vista goes on sale for bulk license holders with home users being able to buy it on January 30, 2007. (CNN)
- The 2006 Atlantic hurricane season officially ends with a total of nine storms having formed. (CBS News)
- Central African Republic Bush War: French fighter planes have fired at rebels in northern Central African Republic (CAR) where thousands have fled fighting in recent weeks. (BBC)
- The science journal ''Nature'' publishes a new reconstruction of the Antikythera mechanism based on high resolution X-ray tomography. The Antikythera mechanism is an ancient Greek mechanical analog computer designed to calculate astronomical positions. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- The U.S. Institute of Peace announces that the Iraq Study Group report will be released to the public December 6, 2006. The group, charged with conducting a forward-looking assessment of the situation in Iraq, is expected to present their findings to President George W. Bush on that day. The report will be available for download on USIP's (Reuters)
- At least 300 people were killed in clashes between Sudan's army and former rebels in the south earlier this week, aid workers say. (BBC)
- Nicolas Sarkozy, the French Interior Minister, announces plans to run as a candidate for the French Presidency in elections in April 2007. (BBC)
- Hezbollah-led Lebanon opposition groups call for protests on Friday in an effort to bring down the Government, (LA Times)
- The Prime Minister of Fiji Laisenia Qarase partially agrees to demands by the head of the Fijian military Commodore Frank Bainimarama in order to avert a coup. Bainimarama rejects the compromise and issues a deadline of noon on Friday. (ABC News Australia and AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?