Wednesday 29 November 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Blood Diamond, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Bare Lady.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Custom Robo Arena or Ankh: Heart of Osiris.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 29 November 2006 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- Allen Carr: English anti-smoking campaigner (Born 1934).
- Kofi Annan, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, expresses concern about a resumption of fighting in Sudan between the army and the Sudan People's Liberation Army. (BBC)
- Shibu Soren, a Cabinet Minister in India's coalition government, is convicted of murdering his secretary. The Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh successfully demands Soren's resignation. (News Limited)
- Three British Airways planes are grounded in London and Moscow due to positive traces of radiation as the investigation into the death of Alexander Litvinenko widens. British Airways will attempt to contact the thousands of passengers who have travelled on the planes recently. (CNN)
- Turkmenbashi Saparmurat Niyazov fires Khojaberdy Byashymov, Governor of Mary Province. Niyazov has now fired every regional governor in Turkmenistan since the beginning of November. (RFE/RL)
- United States District Court judge Richard J. Leon orders the Bush administration to resume making payments to thousands of people who lost their homes as a result of Hurricane Katrina. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- Brandon Mayfield, wrongly arrested after the 11 March, 2004 Madrid attacks settles a lawsuit against the Federal Bureau of Investigation for $2 million. (USAToday)
- Al-Qaida in Iraq condemns Pope Benedict XVI's visit to Turkey as being part of a ampquotCrusader campaignampquot against Islam. Vatican officials respond by saying that the comments illustrate the need for religions to fight ampquotviolence in the name of Godampquot. (AP via Los Angeles Times)
- After Islamists win a large number of seats in the first round of Bahrain's parliamentary election last Saturday, rumours sweep the Kingdom that leaders of the Shia opposition party, Al Wefaq, will join the government in a cabinet reshuffle. (Gulf News)
- An Australian Army Black Hawk helicopter is lost at sea off the coast of Fiji where it had been operating from HMAS ''Kanimbla'' (L-51) preparing to evacuate Australian civilians in the event of a coup. The Fijian military is holding an exercise in the capital Suva claiming there are fears of a ampquotforeign interventionampquot. (BBC)
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously passes a resolution that extends the mandate of the United States-led multinational force in Iraq until December 31, 2007. The new resolution requires a review of the mandate to begin by June 15, 2007, or sooner if the government of Iraq requests it. The government of Iraq can also revoke the mandate before its end if it chooses to do so. (Guardian UK)
- In the United Kingdom, the ''News of the World'' newspaper's royal editor Clive Goodman pleads guilty to conspiring to intercept the voicemail messages of Princes William and Harry. (BBC)
- The Liberal Party of Canada opens its leadership convention, expected to be the most contentious in decades, with a keynote speech by Howard Dean. (CBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 November 2006
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Derby - Ipswich : 2 - 1
- Southampton - Birmingham : 4 - 3
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aston Villa - Man City : 1 - 3
- Bolton - Chelsea : 0 - 1
- Fulham - Arsenal : 2 - 1
- Liverpool - Portsmouth : 0 - 0
- Vitesse - Heerenveen : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Unk - Walk It Out
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Say Goodbye - Chris Brown
- Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin' Like My Daddy
- Mary J. Blige - Take Me As I Am
- Money In The Bank - Lil Scrappy Featuring Young Buck
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- A La Primera Persona - Alejandro Sanz
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Dime (Tell Me) - Pitbull Featuring Frankie J & Ken-Y
- Aventura - Los Infieles
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Tengo Un Amor - Toby Love Featuring Rakim & Ken-Y
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?