Tuesday 1 February 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Hobday and Pierre Dudan.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Charles Swickard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1916 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Gordon Hobday: Lord Lieutenant (Nottinghamshire).
- Pierre Dudan: French actor, singer, composer, lyricist, writer, and musician, who died on 4 February 1984.
- Anton Simon composer: dies at age 65.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Face to Face with the Girl in My Dreams - Glen Ellison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?