Saturday 27 August 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Morgan and Tanju Okan.
Carefree, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1938 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- James Morgan: American mechanical engineer and CEO in charge of Applied Materials, an electrical and semi-conductor production gear manufacturer.
- Tanju Okan: Turkish singer and actor (d. 1996).
- Yanks Monte Pearson no-hits Indians 13-0, DiMaggio hits 3 triples
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?