Sunday 28 December 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilfrid Sheed and Meg Greenfield.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1930 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Wilfrid Sheed: Novelist.
- Meg Greenfield: Editor.
- Mariam Aleem: Egyptian illustrator and academic (d. 2010).
- Mahatma Gandhi leaves India enroute to Britain for freedom negotiations.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra