Friday 30 January 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 30, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Delbert Mann and Hermann Buse de la Guerra.
His Royal Slyness, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1920 ?
- Delbert Mann: American director and producer (d. 2007).
- George Skibine: Russ / US dancer / choreographer (Tragedy in Verona).
- Hermann Buse de la Guerra: Peruvian writer, journalist and professor.
- Michael Anderson: English director and producer.
- Carwood Lipton: American WWII veteran (d. 2001).
- The oldest surviving pro wrestling match on film happens, with Joe Stecher defeating Earl Caddock.
- Estonian War of Independence: The Tartu Peace Treaty is signed, ending the war and recognizing Estonian independence.
- France occupies Memel.
- Sayyid Muhammad, Khan of Khiva abdicates.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Invitation to the Waltz - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Tell Me - Al Jolson
- You'd be Surprised - Irving Kaufman
- That Naughty Waltz - Eddy Brown