Friday 11 August 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kate O'Mara and Attila Bozay.
The Man They Could Not Hang, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1939 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Kate O'Mara: Actress.
- Attila Bozay: Composer.
- Anatoly Kashpirovsky: Ukrainian-born Russian psychotherapist, hypnotist and a controversial psychic healer who enjoyed great popularity in the Soviet Union.
- Ronnie Dawson: American rockabilly musician (Born 1939).
- Jean Bugatti: German-born automobile designer (d. 1939).
- Sergei Rachmaninovs last appearance in Europe