Sunday 28 December 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Louis Zeines and Andrew Olle.
Brighton Rock, directed by John Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Playroom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1947 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Edward Louis Zeines
- Andrew Olle: Broadcaster.
- Dick Diamonde [Van Der Sluys]: Hilversum -- Rock bassist (Easybeats).
- Aurelio Rodriguez: Mexican baseball player (d. 2000).
- Mary Jo White: Public Servant.
- Mamphela Ramphele: South African politician, a former activist against apartheid, a medical doctor, an academic and businesswoman.
- Edward Zeines: American sculptor who often worked with chemicals and never wore a mask while sculpting his constructions.
- Aurelio Rodríguez: Mexican baseball player coach and manager (d. 2000).
- Louis Floch: French football/soccer player, who played professionally from 1965 to 1980, including with the French national team (1969–1973).
- Chicago Cardinals beat Philadelphia Eagles 28-21 in NFL championship game.