Thursday 28 March 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Paulson and Alejandro Toledo.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 March 1946 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Henry Paulson: American banker and politician 74th United States Secretary of the Treasury.
- Alejandro Toledo: Peruvian economist and politician 48th President of Peru.
- Richard Sussman: Rocker.
- Henry Paulson Jr: American economist.
- Kenneth Guilmet: American astrologer in the New England area.
- Wubbo Ockels: Dutch physicist and astronaut (d. 2014).
- Chick Fullis: American baseball player (d. 1946).
- Cold War: The United States State Department releases the Acheson : Lilienthal Report, outlining a plan for the international control of nuclear power.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Phil Harris - The Darktown Poker Club
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?