Wednesday 28 February 2007US date format: 2/28/2007, UK date format: 28/2/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 28, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Lalla and Lalla.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Elvis and Anabelle, directed by Will Geiger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dame Chocolate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B-17: Fortress in the Sky or Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 February 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2007 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
Famous Birthdays:28 February
- Baron Charles Forte: Italian-born hotelier (Born 1908).
- The President of Bolivia Evo Morales declares the Bolivian floods as a national disaster with 35 deaths and 72,000 people becoming homeless. (CNN)
- Marthinus van Schalkwyk, the South African Minister for the Environment, releases a plan to control the elephant population which contains culling as a last resort. (New York Times)
- Romano Prodi, the Prime Minister of Italy, survives a no-confidence motion in the Senate. (CNN)
- Airbus announces plans to cut 10,000 jobs across Europe in the next four years. (AFP and ABC News Australia)
- The European Union announces plans to make significant cuts to the European Union Force in Bosnia-Herzegovina. (BBC)
- Strong wind blows a passenger train off the tracks near Turpan, Xinjiang, China, killing four and injuring 30 more. (China Daily)
- Authorities monitor a volcano on the island of Stromboli off the north coast of Sicily as lava pours down its slope for a second successive day. (AP via Washington Post)
- Cuba-United States relations: Carlos and Elsa Alvarez are sentenced to five and three year prison terms respectively after being convicted of spying for the Cuban government. (BBC)
- Two paintings by Pablo Picasso, ''Maya with Doll'' and ''Jacqueline'', have been stolen from the painter's granddaughter's apartment in Paris, France. (The Times)
- Japan abandons its whaling hunt in the Southern Ocean for this year due to the damage caused to the ''Nisshin Maru''. (ABC)
- The Sri Lanka Navy kills at least fifteen members of the Tamil Tigers as they try to infiltrate the port of Trincomalee. (AP via the Hindu)
- Finance Minister of Thailand Pridiyathorn Devakula resigns over differences of opinion with the Prime Minister of Thailand Surayud Chulanont. (BBC)
Sport Games on 28 February 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Ascoli - Parma : 0 - 0
- Chievo - Roma : 2 - 2
- Empoli - Messina : 3 - 1
- Inter - Udinese : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Ciara - Promise
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Tu Amor - Luis Fonsi
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Great Atlantic is offering Pathmark shareholders $12.50 a share in cash and stock if a deal is reached. [..]
Martin Peretz, who has been a part owner of The New Republic for more than three decades, has given up his share of the magazine, but will remain as editor in chief. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $69.55
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $98.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $65.51
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $38.66
- 1 CAD = 1.0424 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9605 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.921 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3944 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?