Sunday 11 February 2007US date format: 2/11/2007, UK date format: 11/2/2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 11, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Suspect by John Lescroart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saul of the Mole Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bleach: Dark Souls or Build-A-Bear Workshop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 February 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 February 2007 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Marianne Fredriksson: Swedish journalist and author (d. 2007).
- UK's Vodafone buys 67% stake in India's fourth largest mobile operator, Hutch Essar, for $11.1 billion. (Economic Times)
- Nine people are shot dead in Rio de Janeiro as police battle drug gangs and private militias for control of the favelas or shanty towns. (BBC)
- ''The Queen'' wins the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award for Best Film of 2006 with Helen Mirren winning the award as Best Actress. Forest Whitaker wins the Best Actor award for his role in the ''The Last King of Scotland'' which won the Best British Film Award. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- The Dixie Chicks dominate the 2007 Grammy Awards by winning five statuettes, including Record and Song of the Year (ampquotNot Ready to Make Niceampquot). (Yahoo Music).
- Portugal votes on an abortion referendum which despite failing due to low turnout, has a clear result in favor of legalizing abortion, prompting Portuguese Prime Minister José Sócrates to say abortion will be legalized through the parliament. (BBC)
- Islamist insurgency in Somalia:
- An explosion at a ceremony in Kismayo kills at least four people and injures 24 others, including senior military officers and regional leaders. General Abdi Mahdi, the recently appointed Somali military chief, is among the injured. (Aljazeera)
- Mortar attacks in two areas of Mogadishu kill at least five people and injure several others, a day after a PRMLTM said it increase attacks. (Aljazeera)
- Two people die in protests in Priština, Kosovo over a United Nations plan for the future of the Serbian province. (BBC)
- The U.S. military accuses the government of Iran of supplying sophisticated roadside bombs to insurgents in Iraq. (BBC)
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has dismissed calls by Western countries for Iran to suspend its nuclear program. (Al Jazeera)
- Barack Obama, following a political rally in Ames, Iowa, regretted saying the lives of military personnel had been ampquotwasted.ampquot (Boston Hereld)
- Voters in Turkmenistan vote in their first presidential election to select a successor to former President of Turkmenistan Saparmurat Niyazov. Interim leader Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow is widely expected to win the election. (BBC)
- Rakhat Aliyev, son-in-law of Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev and First Vice Foreign Minister, is demoted to ambassador to Austria for the second time amid accusations he stole money from Nurbank bank and alleged involvement in the kidnapping and murdering of two Nurbank officials. (EurasiaNet)
- A top aide to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has been suspended from her job for six months while a corruption inquiry is conducted, officials say. (Al Jazeera)
- The National Court of Spain finds five out of six Algerian men guilty of membership in a terrorist organization and document forgery for terrorist purposes, sentencing each of them to 13 years imprisonment. All six were acquitted of conspiracy to carry out a terrorist att
Sport Games on 11 February 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Lazio : 0 - 0
- Cagliari - Siena : 2 - 2
- Chievo - Inter : 0 - 2
- Fiorentina - Udinese : 2 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Gent : 1 - 0
- Club Brugge - Anderlecht : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Bielefeld : 1 - 0
- Bochum - Nurnberg : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Burghausen - Koblenz : 0 - 0
- CZ Jena - Essen : 2 - 0
- Freiburg - Munich 1860 : 3 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Fergie - Fergalicious
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ciara - Promise
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
Top #10 Latin songs
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Beyonce - Irreemplazable
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Amor - Luis Fonsi
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The deal for Hutchinson Essar, one of India’s fastest growing telecommunications companies, values the company at around $19 billion. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?