Tuesday 27 February 2007US date format: 2/27/2007, UK date format: 27/2/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 27, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Lucido .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Elvis and Anabelle, directed by Will Geiger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Ten Days In The Hills by Jane Smiley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dame Chocolate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Band of Bugs or The Witcher.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2007 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- At the Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, a Taliban suicide attack kills 23. Visiting US Vice President Dick Cheney is not injured.
- The Chinese Correction: the Shanghai Stock Exchange falls 9%, the largest drop in 10 years.
- In Senegal, unofficial results from government sources indicate that incumbent President Abdoulaye Wade has won the 2007 presidential election with more than 50% of the votes. (CNN)
- Richard M. Daley, the Mayor of Chicago, is elected for his sixth term. If he serves the length of this term, he will become the longest serving mayor of Chicago, surpassing his father Richard J. Daley. (NBC Chicago)
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego, California announces plans to file for bankruptcy to put off 140 civil lawsuits related to alleged sexual abuse by priests. (AP via Daily Comet)
- Canada's House of Commons votes not to extend provisions of its anti-terrorism legislation that allows for preventative arrests and forced testimony. (FOX)
- After rumours that authorities were going to raise interest rates in an attempt to curb inflation, the SSE Composite Index of the Shanghai Stock Exchange tumbles 9% from unexpected selloffs, the largest drop in 10 years, triggering major drops in worldwide stock markets. (Xinhua)
- After the Chinese market drop, the Dow Jones Industrial Average in the United States drops 416 points amid fears for growth prospects, the biggest one-day slide since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Sell orders are made so fast that a second analysis computer has to be used, causing an instantaneous 200-point drop at one point. (Reuters)
- Advisers to the Food and Drug Administration recommend that the agency approve a Sanofi-Aventis SA bird flu vaccine. (Bloomberg)
- Israel Defence Forces withdraw from the West Bank town of Nablus, three days after a raid to arrest suspected militants. (ABC)
- 2007 Bagram Air Base bombing: A suicide attack at Bagram Air Base while Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney is visiting kills 23, but the Vice President is not injured. The Taliban claims responsibility, and declares that Cheney was their intended target. (CNN)
- North Korea and South Korea meet at a ministerial level for the first time since the conclusion of six-party talks about the North Korean nuclear weapons program. (BBC)
- The ambassadors from the United States and Italy to Sri Lanka are injured by mortar fire while visiting eastern Sri Lanka. (CNN)
- Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea Michael Somare removes Minister for Defence Martin Aini from office over the Julian Moti affair. (News Limited)
- Drought in southwestern China is threatening the drinking water supply of 1.5 million people. (Reuters via CNN)
- A hail storm damages the Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'', delaying the STS-117 launch originally scheduled for March 15. (FOX)
- The Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court names the former Sudanese minister Ahmed Muhammad Harun and Janjaweed militia leader Ali Kushayb as chief suspects in its investigation into alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. The Government of Sudan has announced that it will not hand over the named men to the ICC. (CNN)
Sport Games on 27 February 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Birmingham - Leeds : 1 - 0
- Luton - Norwich : 2 - 3
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge - Forest Green : 1 - 1
- Grays - St. Albans : 2 - 1
- Halifax - Northwich : 0 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Crewe - Scunthorpe : 1 - 3
- Doncaster - Yeovil : 0 - 0
- Oldham - Blackpool : 0 - 1
- Rotherham - Swansea : 1 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chester - Hereford : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Ciara - Promise
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Tu Amor - Luis Fonsi
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The parent company of the aircraft maker Airbus said its board had approved a turnaround plan, one week after shareholders were asked to overcome narrow national issues. [..]
Bees have been disappearing at an alarming rate in 24 states, threatening the production of numerous crops. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $73.40
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.25
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.50
- 1 CAD = 1.0431 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9586 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9186 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.3887 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?