Tuesday 13 February 2007US date format: 2/13/2007, UK date format: 13/2/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 13, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Saturn in Opposition, directed by Ferzan Ozpetek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saul of the Mole Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play or Brian Lara International Cricket 2007.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 February 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 February 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- Taiwan opposition leader Ma Ying-jeou resigns as the chairman of the Kuomintang party after being indicted by the Taiwan High Prosecutors Office on charges of embezzlement during his tenure as the mayor of Taipei; Ma also announces his candidacy for the 2008 presidential election.
- The TGV beats the record of the world's fastest conventional train with a speed of 553 nbspkm/h (344nbspmph) reached during a test run on the LGV Est. (Le Vif / L'Express)
- Iraq War:
- A suicide truck bomb kills at least 15 people in Baghdad. (AP via San Jose Mercury News)
- Operation Imposing Law: Abboud Gambar announces that Iraq is closing its borders with Syria and Iran for 72 hours. (CNN)
- Ayman al-Zawahri, deputy to Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden releases an audio tape calling U.S. President Bush a former alcoholic and a lying gambler who wagered on Iraq and lost. (CBS)
- Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, Secretary-General of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference, says he opposes a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq because it would lead to civil war. (RFE/RL)
- Dutch oil-trading company Trafigura agrees to pay the Côte d'Ivoire government $198 million to clean up a 2006 toxic waste spill which led to the deaths of 10 people. (BBC)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says his administration is open to negotiations regarding its nuclear program. (BBC)
- A tornado strikes New Orleans, Louisiana leaving one dead and three people injured. (CNN)
- A small business jet heading to Berlin, Germany crashes during take-off at Vnukovo airport in Moscow, Russia. (BBC)
- Fatmir Rexhepi, the Interior Minister of Kosovo, resigns after two people died in recent protests. (AKI)
- Japan holds an international conference to push for the resumption of commercial whaling. Anti-whaling nations in the International Whaling Commission such as the United States, United Kingdom and Australia have boycotted the conference. (AP via AHT)
- At least three people have been killed in bomb blasts that hit two buses in the village of Bikfaya near Beirut, Lebanon. (ITV)
- The World Bank has approved construction of the Baglihar Dam on the Chenab River in Indian-administered Kashmir. (BBC)
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Ciara - Promise
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Beyonce - Irreemplazable
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In a buoyant annual report, President Bush’s Council of Economic Advisers said the economy was poised to keep growing at a solid 3 percent a year. [..]
SXR Uranium One agreed to buy UrAsia Energy for $3.1 billion to form the world’s second-largest uranium producer as rising demand for nuclear fuel drives prices to records. SXR, owner of South Africa’s largest undeveloped uranium depos... [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $70.97
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.01
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.05
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.55
- 1 CAD = 1.0683 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9714 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.909 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4271 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?