Saturday June 28, 1902
US date format: 6/28/1902, UK date format: 28/6/1902
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 28, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Richard Rodgers and Pierre Brunet.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 28, 1902?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- US buys concession to build Panama canal from French for $40 million
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 28, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley - Bye and Bye You Will Forget Me
- J.W. Myers - The Mansion of Aching Hearts