Saturday 28 June 1902
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Brunet and André Philip.
Snow White, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
while The Right of Way by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1902!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1902 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Pierre Brunet: France -- Figure skater pair (1928, 32 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- André Philip: French politician, Socialist, a SFIO member who served as an Interior Minister for the Free French during the Second World War.
- Richard Rodgers: American preeminent composer of musical theater.
- Congress authorizes Louisiana Purchase Expo $1 gold coin
- US buys concession to build Panama canal from French for $40 million
- The U.S. Congress passes the Spooner Act, authorizing President Theodore Roosevelt to acquire rights from Colombia for the Panama Canal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Mansion of Aching Hearts - J.W. Myers
- Bye and Bye You Will Forget Me - Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?