Tuesday June 24, 1902
US date format: 6/24/1902, UK date format: 24/6/1902
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 24, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Charles Blavette .
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 24, 1902?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- See more
- King Edward VII of the United Kingdom develops appendicitis, delaying his coronation.
- Charles Blavette: French film actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 24, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley - Bye and Bye You Will Forget Me
- J.W. Myers - The Mansion of Aching Hearts