Sunday 28 June 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rupert Sheldrake and David Kopay.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1942 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Rupert Sheldrake: British scientist, a holistic biologist and philosopher of science; the author of numerous books such as "Dogs that Know When their Owners are Coming Home" and "Other Unexplained Powers of Animals," 1999, "The Evolutionary Mind," 1998, "The Presence of the Past," 1988, and "A New Science of Life," 1981.
- David Kopay: American football player and author.
- Sjoukje Dijkstra: Holland, Netherlands -- Figure skater (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- David Miner: American guitarist and record producer.
- "Chris" Martin Thembisile Hani: Secretary General (South Africa Communist Party).
- Hans-Joachim Walde: German decathlete (d. 2013).
- Frank Zane: American bodybuilder and actor.
- Chris Hani: South African politician, leader of the South African Communist Party (d. 1993).
- Jim Kolbe: (Rep-R-Arizona, 1985- ).
- Dumont TV network begins (WABD New York).
- Nazi Germany started its strategic summer offensive against the Soviet Union, codenamed Case Blue