Monday 16 June 1902
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Gaylord Simpson and Kornelis Posthumus.
while Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall by Charles Major was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1902!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1902 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Kornelis Posthumus: Dutch chemist.
- George Gaylord Simpson: American paleontologist (d. 1984).
- Pierre Jacquot: Vr?court Military man.
- Barbara McClintock: American geneticist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992).
- George Simpson: American paleontologist and author (d. 1984).
- Ernst Schroder: German mathematician (Born 1841).
- Australia: Female British subjects (with the exception of Asians, Aborigines and Africans) win the vote with the Uniform Franchise Act.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1902 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Last Day of School at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?