Monday June 16, 1902
US date format: 6/16/1902, UK date format: 16/6/1902
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 16, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include George Gaylord Simpson and Kornelis Posthumus.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 16, 1902?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Australia: Female British subjects (with the exception of Asians, Aborigines and Africans) win the vote with the Uniform Franchise Act.
- Ernst Schroder: German mathematician (Born 1841).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - Oh! Didn't He Ramble!