Monday 16 June 1902
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kornelis Posthumus and Erik Erikson.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1902!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1902 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Erik Erikson: Psychologist.
- Kornelis Posthumus: Dutch chemist.
- George Gaylord Simpson: American paleontologist (d. 1984).
- Pierre Jacquot: Vr?court Military man.
- Barbara McClintock: American geneticist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992).
- George Simpson: American paleontologist and author (d. 1984).
- Ernst Schroder: German mathematician (Born 1841).
- Australia: Female British subjects (with the exception of Asians, Aborigines and Africans) win the vote with the Uniform Franchise Act.