Sunday May 28, 1905
US date format: 5/28/1905, UK date format: 28/5/1905
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 28, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 28, 1905?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- See more
- Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of Tsushima ends with the destruction of the Russian Baltic Fleet by Admiral Togo Heihachiro and the Imperial Japanese Navy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 28, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Where the Southern Roses Grow
- George Alexander - America
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Mr. and Mrs. Murphy
- Haydn Quartet - The Holy City
- Billy Murray & Bob Roberts - Oh! Oh! Sallie