Saturday October 28, 1905
US date format: 10/28/1905, UK date format: 28/10/1905
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Harry Broadhurst and Bennett Peterson.
The Gay Deceivers, directed by Bruce Kessler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 28, 1905?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- See more
- Alphonse Allais: French humorist / writer (Le chat noir).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 28, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Vess Ossman - Turkey in the Straw Medley
- Harry Anthony - Down Where the Silv'ry Mohawk Flows
- Haydn Quartet - Grandfather's Clock
- Louise Homer - The Old Folks at Home (Swanee River)
- Len Spencer - Barn Dance in Dixie
- Arthur Collins - What You Goin' to Do When De Rent Comes 'Round?