Sunday 28 September 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmund Stoiber and Charley Taylor.
Texas, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1941 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Edmund Stoiber: German lawyer and politician Minister President of Bavaria.
- Lady Braye
- Charley Taylor: NFL wide receiver/running back (Washington Redskins).
- Samuel Zell: American executive and CEO of ITEL, a rail car and container leasing company.
- David Lewis: American philosopher and academic (d. 2001).
- Phillies lose club record 111th game
- Ted Williams ended the baseball season with .406 batting average