Sunday 28 September 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcello Mastroianni and Pierre Aigrain.
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1924 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Marcello Mastroianni: Italian-French actor and singer (d. 1996).
- Pierre Aigrain: French physicist and Secretary of Research in the French Academy of Sciences, who received the 1957 Blondel Medal awarded by the Society of electricity, electronics and information technology and communication.
- Antonio Jacinto: Portuguese West Africa, Angolan poet.
- Giuseppe Chiappella: Italian soccer player and manager.
- Giuseppe Chiapella: Italy sport Champion.
- Rudolf Barshai: Russian-Swiss viola player and conductor (d. 2010).
- 2 US Army planes end around-world flight, Seattle to Seattle, 57 stops
- French government names General Serrail Governor-General of Syria
- Gen Plutarco Calles elected President of Mexico
- Two US Army planes end around-world flight, Seattle to Seattle, 57 stops.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama