Wednesday 28 September 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Víctor Jara and Jeremy Isaacs.
A Bill of Divorcement, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 28 September 1932 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Víctor Jara: Chilean singer-songwriter poet and director (d. 1973).
- Jeremy Isaacs: Scottish TV presenter and producer.
- Leonard Braman: Canadian-American actor on-stage from 1955; he moved to Hollywood in 1977 and did films and TV.
- Ernie Shelton: American athlete, a high jumper, and sculptor, he was track and field champion, winning a gold medal at the 1955 Pan American games.
- Michael G[reatrex] Coney: Canada -- Sci-fi author (Cat Karina).
- Victor Jara: Chilean folk singer and activist (d. 1973).
- New York Yankees win World Series The winning pitcher is Babe Ruth beating Red Sox 9-3
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?