Monday 13 September 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carole Mathews Montgomery Illinois and Louis Montfort.
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1920 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Carole Mathews Montgomery Illinois: actress (Wilma-The Californians).
- Louis Montfort: French naval officer, a Lieutenant who served in World War II and later in Indochina.
- Robert Owens: American military, United States Marine who was killed in action during World War II.
- Else Minarik: Danish-American journalist and author (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?