Thursday 29 April 1943US date format: 4/29/1943, UK date format: 29/4/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Labourier and Duane Allen in Taylortown.
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1943 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Dominique Labourier
- Jeffrey Tate: Musician.
- Duane Allen in Taylortown: Texas, USA; country singer (Oak Ridge Boys - "Elvira").
- İlker Başbuğ: Turkish general.
- Brenda Dean: Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde English union leader and politician.
- Ruth Deech: Baroness Deech English lawyer and academic.
- US 34th Division occupies Hill 609, North Tunisia.