Thursday 5 October 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 5, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Flann O'Brien and Daniel Pézeril.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1911 ?
- Flann O'Brien: Irish humorist (Born 1911).
- Daniel Pézeril: French Roman Catholic auxiliary bishop of Paris in the time of Cardinal François Marty.
- Pierre Dansereau: Canadian ecologist and academic (d. 2011).
- Brian O'Nolan: Irish author and playwright (d. 1966).
- Charles-Theodore Malherbe: Composer, dies at 58.
- Italian troops occupy Tripoli