Saturday 19 December 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragonball Evolution or Conga Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 December 2009 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 December
- The North American blizzard of 2009 produces record snowfall, causing power outages, deaths, and impacting retail sales. (BBC)
- Iraq deploys troops on its border with Iran to monitor a disputed oil well seized by Iranian troops, while an arbitration commission is established to resolve the dispute. (Press TV)
- NASA releases the first ever photo of liquid outside of Earth, in the form of sunlight reflecting on a lake on Saturn's largest moon, Titan. (CNN)
- Serbians, Macedonians, and Montenegrins are able to travel to continental Europe without a visa from this day on. (''The Independent'')
- Pope Benedict XVI declares two of his predecessors, John Paul II and Pius XII to be Venerable, the second step toward sainthood. (Deutsche Welle)
- A 6.4 Mampsubampwamp/subamp earthquake strikes Taiwan collapsing one building. (Reuters)
- Madagascar's President Andry Rajoelina dismisses his Prime Minister, Eugène Mangalaza, whom he appointed in October. (Al Jazeera)
- The Fatah movement in the West Bank rejects local mediation between itself and Hamas. (Xinhua)
- Iran's military prosecutor charges three officials with killing three people at a detention centre used to house post-election protesters. (BBC)
- A faction from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta says it carried out an attack on an oil pipeline, breaking a ceasefire agreed upon with the Nigerian government. (Xinhua)
- The Cambodian government expels 22 Chinese Muslim Uyghurs who arrived in the country back to China, despite criticism from the UN. (''The Straits Times'')
- Freezing conditions cause electrical faults in the Channel Tunnel between Great Britain and France, isolating 2,000 passengers in five trains. The situation is coupled with disruptions at London Heathrow Airport and traffic delays due to snowy conditions in the south-east of England. (''The Financial Times'')
- Police recruit sniffer dogs and detectives in their hunt for the ''Arbeit macht frei'' sign missing from Auschwitz as appeals for its return are made by Israel, Poland and the European Union. (''The Times'')
- Scientists announced the discovery of GJ 1214 b, an ocean planet orbiting a star in the Ophiuchus constellation. (''Nature'')
- In association football, FC Barcelona sets a new record by winning all 6 possible competitions (The Sextuple) in one year. (The Guardian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 December 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Waregem : 2 - 2
- Kortrijk - Westerlo : 1 - 1
- Lokeren - Gent : 0 - 1
- Roeselare - St Truiden : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Hertha : 5 - 2
- Dortmund - Freiburg : 1 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Wolfsburg : 2 - 2
- Hannover - Bochum : 2 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Greuther Furth - Karlsruhe : 1 - 4
- Hansa Rostock - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Osasuna : 2 - 0
- Real Madrid - Zaragoza : 6 - 0
- Sevilla - Getafe : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?