Tuesday 8 December 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
The Lovely Bones, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AC-130: Operation Devastation or Aztaka.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 8 December 2009 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 December
- Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kill 127 and injure 448.
- Japan unveils a new ¥7.2 trillion (US$80.6 billion) stimulus package to strengthen the country's economy amid signs it is weakening. (Press TV)
- Anti-government protests in Iran continue at universities for a second day, with over 200 arrests. (''Lebanon Daily Star'')
- Gunmen in Honduras shoot dead the head of the country's anti-drug trafficking unit, Julian Aristides Gonzalez. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- For the second time in as many years, CBS cancels a United States-produced soap opera, this time ''As the World Turns'' after 54 years, in effect putting Procter Gamble, the creators of said genre, out of that business. (Bloomberg News)
- President of Serbia Boris Tadić, his sports minister and ФСС/FSS chief Tomislav Karadzic are punished for breaking FIFA's strict no-alcohol policy at the Stadion Crvena Zvezda on 10 October. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- The ruling junta in Guinea announces it has arrested 60 people so far for attempting to kill leader Captain Moussa Dadis Camara. (African Press Agency)
- Eight children are killed and a further 26 injured in a stampede at a school in Xiangtan, Hunan, in central China. (''Indian Express'')
- A series of earthquakes and aftershocks kill a 1 year old child and injure several other people in northern Malawi. (BBC)
- A Cambodian court sentences a Thai man on charges of spying for Thailand to 7 years imprisonment. (''Financial Times'')
- Scaled Composites SpaceShipTwo, the world's first commercial spacecraft, is officially unveiled in the Mojave Desert, California. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Burmese authorities burn US$93 million worth of seized narcotic drugs at a ceremony in eastern Shan State. (''Times of India'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?