Wednesday 23 December 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Leap Year, directed by Anand Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Breathless by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World War II in Color.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Star Cheer Squad 2 or Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2009 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin Jim Moriarty resigns, the second bishop to do so following the publication of the Murphy Report. (''Bangkok Post'')
- 39-year-old Russian Orthodox priest Father Alexander Filippov is fatally shot in the back outside his home in Satino-Russkoye after challenging a group of drunks who were urinating in his hallway. (''The Age'')
- Gävle's giant straw goat mdash a traditional symbol of yuletide in Scandinavia mdash is burned down for the 24th time. (''USA Today'')
- President of Liberia Ellen Johnson Sirleaf voluntarily imprisons herself in Bella Yalla prison, an old maximum security prison in the northern jungle, which is to be renamed and turned into a museum. (BBC)
- Clashes between police and protesters take place in the Iranian city of Isfahan at a memorial service for Ayatollah Hussein-Ali Montazeri. (''The Times'')
- American Airlines Flight 331, with 154 people onboard, overshoots the runway at Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, Jamaica, injuring 44. (''China Daily'')
- The trial of Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo on charges of subversion begins. (''Times of India'')
- A Dutch court hears a case taken by Kurdish survivors of poison gas attacks in Halabja against businessman Frans van Anraat, who sold chemicals to Saddam Hussein during the 1980s. (Radio Nederland Wereldomroep)
- Shia insurgency in Yemen led to the deaths of 73 Saudi soldiers, while more than 100 Houthis have been killed in recent days. (''The Christian Science Monitor'')
- The body of Luis Francisco Cuéllar, the governor of Caquetá department in Colombia kidnapped the previous day, is found. (Reuters)
- Afghan senator Mohammed Yunos Shirnagha and his son/driver are fatally shot by police in Puli Khumri, Baghlan Province. (CBC News)
- Authorities in Uzbekistan fell trees, some of which are more than a century old, in the capital Tashkent, in a controversy which has drawn protests. (BBC)
- Soyuz TMA-17, carrying an international crew of one Russian, one American and one Japanese astronaut, docks with the International Space Station. (BBC)
- The United Nations imposes sanctions of a ban on arms importation and frozen bank accounts on Eritrea for supporting Somali rebels. (RIA Novosti)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan orders the government to recognise ''hijras'' (eunuchs and transgender individuals) as a distinct gender. ( BBC News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 December 2009
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Le Mans - Monaco : 1 - 1
- Lorient - Valenciennes : 3 - 2
- Lyon - Montpellier : 1 - 2
- Marseille - Auxerre : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Papers - Usher
- Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z + Alicia Keys
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Baby By Me - 50 Cent Featuring Ne-Yo
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Gracias A Ti - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Savior - Rise Against
- Pearl Jam - The Fixer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
SL Green Realty’s purchase of a construction mortgage for 510 Madison Avenue is seen as a bet on the long-term future of the market. [..]
Reader’s Digest will leave its Chappaqua campus next year. The property’s owners face a wan real estate environment. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $43.28
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $65.32
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.36
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $52.47
- 1 CHF = 6.5747 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5146 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9904 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.006 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?