Wednesday 30 December 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Magic, directed by Robert Davi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MKC: The Monster Killers Club.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cobra 11: Highway Nights (Crash Time III) or Lego Battles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 30 December 2009 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 December
- The U.S. Treasury injects another US$3.8 billion into GMAC Financial Services to help cover mortgage losses, making the government the majority owner (56.3 percent) of the company.
- Four Canadian soldiers and a journalist, Michelle Lang of the ''Calgary Herald, ''are killed in a vehicle explosion in Kandahar, Afghanistan. (CBC)
- Hundreds of protesters gather outside Allende prison in Veracruz, Mexico, objecting to the removal of inmates to allow U.S. film director Mel Gibson to shoot a controversial movie. (France 24)
- Two people are found dead following three separate avalanches in Scotland, while a third person who was rescued dies later in hospital. (The Press Association)
- A British hostage is released alive in Iraq following over two and a half years of captivity in Iraq and Iran. (''Guardian'')
- Former President of Indonesia Abdurrahman Wahid dies at the age of 69. (BBC)
- The death toll in clashes in the northern Nigerian state of Bauchi rises to 70, with 1,000 displaced. (AFP)
- Taiwan announces plans to reimpose a ban on certain U.S. beef products amid concerns over mad cow disease. (''Financial Times'')
- The Australian government predicts a 20% fall in the number of Indian students studying in the country, due to a series of racist attacks earlier this year. (ABC News Australia)
- Thousands of pro-government supporters in Iran demonstrate against recent anti-government protests on Ashura. (Al Jazeera)
- A senior Chinese admiral says the country may build its first foreign naval base in the Middle East. (AFP)
- Bushfires consume 13,400 hectares (33,000 acres) of land and destroy at least 37 homes near Toodyay, northeast of Perth, Western Australia. (BBC News)
- Police in Italy locate a wooden toy guitar sculpture which co-founder of Cubism Pablo Picasso made for his daughter Paloma. (''Philadelphia Inquirer'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 December 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Waregem : 2 - 1
- Kortrijk - Club Brugge : 1 - 4
- Lokeren - Germinal : 2 - 0
- Mechelen - Charleroi : 1 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Hearts - Motherwell : 1 - 0
- Man United - Wigan : 5 - 0
- Portsmouth - Arsenal : 1 - 4
- Rangers - Dundee United : 7 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?