Monday 8 June 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Le Grand and Rudiger Dornbusch.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1942 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Jean-François Le Grand
- Rudiger Dornbusch
- Chuck Negron: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Three Dog Night).
- Jacques Dubochet
- Nikos Konstantopoulos: Greek politician Greek Minister of the Interior.
- Muammar al-Gaddafi: Leader.
- Andrew Weil: American author and educator.
- Doug Mountjoy: Welsh snooker player.
- Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Skvortsov: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Gael Ramsey: Brigadier commander (HQ Aldershot Garrison).
- Yves Kersauson de Pennendreff: French naval officer, a specialist in military intelligence.
- Bing Cosby records Silent Night
- World War II: Japanese imperial submarines I-21 and I-24 shell the Australian cities of Sydney and Newcastle.