Saturday 29 March 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anerood Jugnauth and Marquess of.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1930 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Anerood Jugnauth: Mauritian lawyer and politician 4th President of Mauritius.
- Marquess of: Hertford.
- Donny Conn: rocker (Playmates).
- Hugh Edward: Conway Seymour; marquis of Hertford.
- Anton Bettelheim: Writer.
- Heinrich Brüning is appointed German ''Reichskanzler''.