Friday 29 June 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Harman and Johnnie Richardson.
Man from Oklahoma, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1945 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Jane Harman: Politician.
- Johnnie Richardson: Rocker (Johnnie & Joe).
- Chandrika Kumaratunga: Sri Lankan journalist and politician 5th President of Sri Lanka.
- 20.6 cm rainfall at Litchville North Dakota (state record)
- Ruthenia, formerly in Czechoslovakia, becomes part of Ukrainian SSR.
- Carpathian Ruthenia is annexed by the Soviet Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)