Sunday September 29, 1957
US date format: 9/29/1957, UK date format: 29/9/1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on September 29, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Culiacan (Mexico) and Andrew Dice Clay.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Until They Sail, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Nuclear Weapons And Foreign Policy by Henry A. Kissinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trackdown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 29, 1957?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- See more
- DuPont Show of the Month, debuts on CBS-TV
- Paul Winchell Show, debuts on ABC-TV
- Passenger train and oil train crash in Gambar West Pakistan, 300 die
- 300 die as express train hits stalled train (Montgomery, West Pakistan).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 29, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Sport Games on September 29, 1957
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 17 - 21
- Chicago Cardinals - San Francisco 49ers : 20 - 10
- Detroit Lions - Baltimore Colts : 14 - 34
- New York Giants - Cleveland Browns : 3 - 6
- Philadelphia Eagles - Los Angeles Rams : 13 - 17
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 the US President was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on September 29, 1957?
On September 29, 1957 several famous people were born including, Culiacan (Mexico), Andrew Dice Clay, Emmanuel Ratier.
What was the number one song in September 29, 1957?
The number one song in the week of September 29, 1957 was Tammy by Debbie Reynolds in US and Diana by Paul Anka in UK.
What were the top hits on September 29, 1957?
The top hits on September 29, 1957 were Tammy by Debbie Reynolds, Diana by Paul Anka, That'll Be The Day by The Crickets in US and Diana by Paul Anka, Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone, Last Train To San Fernando by Johnny Duncan & The Blue Grass Boys in UK.