Wednesday 30 June 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Murray McLauchlan and Raymond Leo Burke.
Easter Parade, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 30 June 1948 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Murray McLauchlan: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Raymond Leo Burke
- Raymond Burke: American Ecclesiastic, named Archbishop of St. Louis, MO on December 2, 2003, replacing Justin Rigali.
- Vilen Künnapu: Estonian architect and academic.
- Karl Wolfskehl: Writer, dies at 78.
- Last British armies leave Israel
- Transistor as a substitute for Radio tubes announced (Bell Labs)
- Cleveland Indians' Bob Lemon no-hits Detroit Tigers, 2-0.
- Bell Labs announces transistor as a substitute for radio tubes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?